From Today Midnight Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 Currency Notes will be permanent discontinued, the Prime Minister Narender Modi announced, as part to fight against black money, fake currency and corruption. PM Narender Modi address to the nation and said people who holding notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 can deposit the same in their bank and post office accounts from November 10 till December 30.
What To Do With Notes Of Rs. 500 And Rs. 1000
- Respite for people for the initial 72 hours, Govt hospitals will accept old Rs 500 and 1000 notes till 11 November midnight.
- On Nov 9 and 10, some ATMs might not work at some places
- You have 50 days (From 10 Nov to 30 Dec) to deposit notes of ₹500 & ₹1000 in any Bank or Post office
- People can deposit the money in their bank accounts and post offices from Nov 8 to Dec 31 without any hassle
- ₹500, ₹1000 old currency notes will no longer be legal tender from midnight
- The process of cash circulation is directly related to corruption in our country impacting the lower classes of our society
- Over the last 2 and a half years, ₹1.25 lakh crore worth of black money has been recovered
- On one hand terrorism & fake currency are destroying us, on the other, corruption & black money are creating hurdles for the nation
- Black money, graft are big challenges
- There is a time when you realise that you have bring some changes in society, and this is our time to feel the same
- In all our policies, we are dedicated for the upliftment of entire society
- This Govt is dedicated to the poor, and will continue to do so
- India has registered itself as a bright spot, and its not that this is a claim made by us, but by IMF and World Bank
Steps to Change Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 Notes
- Change them at the bank or post office from November 10 to December 30
- Take Aadhaar card and Pan Card when you go to exchange these notes
- After December 30, these can be changed at the Reserve Bank with a declaration
- Tourists can change the notes at airports
Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 New Notes Images
What’s your view on this bold move of Indian PM Narender Modi, Tell us in comment section.